Meets 1st Monday of the month in the Parish Life Center at 5:30pm
Co-Chairs - Jennifer Phillips, Social Coordinator - email@example.com or 601-818-7661 &
Phyllis Lee, Coordinator/Ministry to Young Families firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-325-3690
Ministry to Young Families - Phyllis Lee - email@example.com or 601-325-3690
Baptism - Contact Phyllis Lee - firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-325-3690
Nursery - Nursery available for children ages 6months - 4 years during 10:30am Sunday mass in the Parish Life Center. Nursery may be available during other Parish events. Contact Phyllis Lee (601-325-3690 or email@example.com) for details.
Parent Morning Out Program - For ages 2years old - 4years old. Meets Tuesday/Thursday mornings from 8am-12pm. during the school year. Contact Candace Barquero (Program Director) for information about registration and space in the program. Candace Barquero at 601-408-0299.
MOMS Group (Ministry.Of.Mothers.Sharing) - Mothers meet on the 2nd and 4th Friday in the Parish Life Center from 10am-12pm (nursery provided) Mothers come together for fellowship and faith sharing as well as service projects throughout the year.
Children’s Liturgy of the Word - Children’s Liturgy of the Word takes place during the Liturgy of the Word during 10:30am mass and it is geared towards children ages 4-8yrs old.
Marriage Preparation - Contact the church FIRST - 601-583-9404 , and then our wedding coordinators : Karen Gutherie 601-544-8052 or Adrienne Garanich
Senior Adults - Contact Jennifer Phillips (Social Coordinator) to help with the Senior Luncheon (3rd Tuesday of the month except June/July)or to get more information about the Senior Luncheon.
Homebound/Hospital Ministry - Contact Libby Simmerman firstname.lastname@example.org
Bereavement - Margo Lipka 601-818-6567 or email email@example.com
The bereavement committee has 4 committee members plus 64 volunteers. The provide support to the families of the deceased by attending the funeral mass, providing a meal for the family and their family in the Parish Life Center or in their homes; making home visits if needed; and sending reading material to provide comfort to the family.
Each December, the Bereavement committee plans a mass presented by Fr. Ken in honor of the deceased family members for the current year. A certified counselor who deals with stages of grief was invited as well. Music is provided by the little choir of “angels” from the elementary school and a special memorial gift is presented to the families
Event Planning/ Social Coordinating - Jennifer Phillips 601-818-7661 - Please contact Jennifer to get involved in any of the above mentioned ministries of the church as well as any of the Family Life events listed below. Many of these events need volunteers to help with set up and clean up as well as making dishes for receptions and providing additional support to the staff as needed. This area is open to all who want to help in any way. Please contact Jennifer Phillips for more information.
- Senior Luncheons
- Coffee on the grounds (once per month coffee and donut social after mass and Lemonade on the lawn during the summer months)
- Silent Vigil for Life (with Social Justice Ministry - October)
- Advent Wreaths and Calendars
- Christmas Lunch for Hope House (with Social Justice)
- Bringing up Baby Jesus during Christmas Eve Masses
- Parish Council Retreat Meals usually in January if they remain local
- World Marriage Day Celebration (February)
- Easter Luncheon for Hope House (with Social Justice)
- Easter Vigil Reception for RCIA Candidates
- Easter Egg Hunt after Easter Sunday Service
- Confirmation Reception
- First Communion Reception
- Parish Picnic/Celebration of Life (Usually Pentecost Weekend)
- Parish Neighborhood Block Party (June 27th this year for the Feast Day of the Sacred Heart of Jesus)
- Any other receptions that may come up throughout the year